Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wrapping up the weekend

So...the weekend is coming to an end. And it has been exhausting but very successful. I can't believe how much we have gotten done. Yesterday the boys got drywall put up in the basement and one layer of mud. They also decided to tackle the tree. Now just so you all know, they did not take down the whole thing. I will post pictures of what was left when they were done tomorrow. It is dark out now and pictures won't turn out. But it looks very different! (a very good different) Brad's friend Loren came over this afternoon, along with our great neighbor skip and helped Dad and Brad tie up all the branches. It looks great. Mom and I got all of the nursery furniture together. How fun! Again it was like Christmas. It could not look any better. It is exactly what I remember. Mom did some carpet cleaning while I was at work. Today Mom and I went to the outlet mall and found some fun baby stuff and a few other things for ourselves. When we came home Mom did some more cleaning and I put linen shelves in the nursery closet. Although not perfect, they will do the trick. And that is why I am not a carpenter:). The boys did some more mudding this afternoon and primed tonight after dinner. We are spending the rest of the night relaxing. We will all sleep very well tonight! (Even Maggie) I have posted some pictures tonight, but will post more tomorrow when I get some more taken in better light. Along with these I will also post a nice picture of Brad and I. Here are some pictures that you have all been waiting for.

Our beautiful new crib!
The Changing Table
The antique wardrobe from my mom, that matches perfectly!
The inside of the crib with comforter and bumper pad

The linen shelves that I put up all by myself!
My new diaper bag, that I love!

6 comments:

mhowie67 said...

Looks GREAT Mol - that is really green!! :)

Love ya
A. Mary

Gr'ma R said...

Nice pics - now waiting for ones of you, Brad and the new-do. Gr'ma R

Unknown said...

We had a great weekend. Your house is looking so cute. The nursery looks great. We love you. MOM

Kari said...

I love your nursery! Very cute!

The VanderLaans said...

Sounds like you had a productive weekend. The nursery is really looking cute! Love the furniture you picked out.

Aunt Sandy

The Van Dykens said...

Hi Brad and Molly
Oh, everything looks so cute and put together. You guys did a great job. I love the green, brown and the polka dots! What fun!! Enjoy this special time in your lives.
Bill Lisa and girls

Lookie-Loos