Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Any day now...

So, if you haven't heard yet I am VERY READY to have this baby. The countdown is down to 13 days till D-day. As I sit here this big guy in my belly is kickin to get out!! And I just want to say..."Fine, come out!" Sleep is rough and I am anxious to get to know this little human that's been growing inside of me for 9 months. I spent all day Monday preparing. I did all the baby laundry including all of his clothes, bed sheets, changing pad covers, and burp cloths. It was so fun to go through all of this stuff again and see how little he will be to fit in to his newborn clothes and newborn diapers! It is still amazing and slightly hard to believe that God has entrusted Brad and I with this little son. I feel very blessed to have such a helpful husband who is just as excited as I am to start this new adventure in our lives.
I finally feel like I am ready as far as getting all of his stuff opened, cleaned, and set up. As far as the rest of the house goes...I've got a little work to do.
Hopefully I can make it through this weekend as I have a Youth Group retreat. I will be north about 20 miles with the High School kids from church Friday night and Saturday night. Although I have let my fellow leaders know that if Friday night does not go well as far as sleep for me I will not be spending the night Saturday to Sunday. I am looking forward to the weekend, I just hope it goes fast as well as the next week afterwards.
I will try to post pictures of our new vehicle sometime this week, but I should sign off for now! Have a great rest of your week all, and the next time you hear from us we will probably have a baby!!

3 comments:

Van Noort said...

Sounds like you are getting your "nest" ready. That is usually a sign the time is close! How is the "M" coming for the name? Glad to hear you made it back to Cedar Rapids ok. We will be thinking of you and praying for you and Brad as you "patiently" wait for the time to come. Your special little blessing from God will soon be in your arms :-)

Aunt Nancy

Gr'ma R said...

We're waiting for that special phone call. Praying that all goes well and soon you'll be holding that precious little boy in your arms. Love, Gr'ma R

The VanderLaans said...

The waiting definitely gets tough at this point, so it's good to hear you're keeping busy. Try and sleep as much as you can NOW, as you likely won't be getting much once the little guy is here.

We, too, will be anxiously awaiting a phone call and praying for a safe and speedy delivery.

Hugs to you and Brad as you count down these final days.

Aunt Sandy

Lookie-Loos